Experiential Focusing Training
Your body knows the answer!
- Get in touch with what you are truly feeling and wanting
- Tap into your body’s inner wisdom and intuition
- Discover how to live in the present
- Learn how to make decisions and solve problems creatively
- Become more authentic and enjoy your life
Focusing is a body-oriented process of self-awareness, deep emotional healing and growth. Focusing is a way to self-knowledge; a way of moving our lives forward from stuck places; a tool for decision making; a way to be in closer contact with the creativity, competence and joy of our lives.
Learning and practicing Focusing will bring you in touch with a larger intelligence inside you, an intelligence that you can trust and follow.
All health care professionals can learn and add Focusing method to the work they already do and their clients can experience desired change in a context of safety and empowerment. Participants will have an opportunity to observe demonstrations, immediately apply gained skill in the group practice, and carry them forward into their lives.
Level 1 – Discovering Your Inner Compass
13th, 14th, 15th February 2015
If you’re ready to learn felt sensing and fining your own answers in a supported way, this is the place to start. You will gain:
- A practical, step-by-step method for starting with any problem or stuck situation and finding relief, insight, and new steps of action, so you feel bigger than your problems and in control of your life.
- A simple but powerful deep listening process that lets you be supportive of other people and yourself.
- A way for moving forward and taking the learning beyond the course into your daily life.
Participants will have an opportunity to observe demonstrations, immediately apply gained skill in the group practice, and carry them forward into their lives. The training is highly experiential. The Manual and handouts are also included.
Level 2 – The Journey with the Companion
27th, 28th, 29th March 2015
The second level of the Focusing Training Program supports you in deepening your experience with Focusing including:
- More tips and practice in the ability to be compassionately larger than your difficult emotions.
- More about the “edge,” that place where what is unclear becomes clear.
- Support in getting the most out of your Focusing process, especially in the places where you know it could go further but it isn’t.
- “Advanced listening” skills and further development of the skillful reflections that support unfolding process.
- More opportunities for supported practice with partners, for questions and discussion.
Level 3 – Going to the Center of the Maze
26th, 27th, 28th June 2015
This advanced course in the Focusing Training Program centers on getting past the most typical blocks to Focusing: inner critics, doubts, sleepiness, distractions, feeling too much or not too much. As we learn how to be present for this in our partners, we also learn how to deepen the process for ourselves.
Now, Focusing becomes even more integrated into your life, the way you are with yourself and how you are with others. During this level you will receive:
- Understanding the most typical block to Focusing: being identified with a “feeling about a feeling.”
- Powerful language and attitudes for helping yourself and others shift your experience of an “inner criticizing process.
- More ways to help yourself or the other when you are feeling overwhelmed by strong emotional states.
- More ways to help yourself or the other when you are feeling resistant to feeling anything.
About facilitator Biliana Dearly
Master Counselling & HS, Grad Dip Counselling & HS, Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling, Certified Focusing Teacher and Focusing-Oriented Therapist, Cert IV Training & Assessment, Certificate in Clinical Supervision, Reiki Master/Teacher Clinical MPACFA, CAPAV, MACA
Biliana is an experienced counsellor, psychotherapist and educator with long-standing interests in the field of psycho/spiritual empowerment. She works in her private practice in Knoxfield providing individual therapy for children, adolescents, and adults, as well as couple therapy. She is a clinical supervisor and a lecturer at Phoenix Institute of Australia where she teaches students counselling and art therapy. After years of training with many international Focusing teachers, Focusing Institute US has certified her as a Focusing Teacher and Focusing-Oriented Therapist.
Bookings are essential as limited places are available.
Or phone: Biliana 0408 441 170 or Martine 0411 890 880
Workshops run from 6pm-9pm on Friday and 9.30am – 4.30pm Saturday & Sunday
at Blue Angel Reiki Centre, 1/9 Leicester Ave, Glen Waverley VIC 3150
Phone: (03) 9574 7776
Workshop fee - $ 350 per level
(concession fee $300 and repeating course fee $180)
Professional development credit certificates available
Non-refundable deposit of $50 required upon application